Colyford Butcher’s Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in What cookies do we use and what for?|
|“Our Site”||means this website, www.colyfordbutchers.co.uk;|
|“UK and EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Colyford Butchers Limited, whose registered office address is 50 Fore Street, Seaton, Devon, EX12 2AD|
Information About Us
Our Site, www.colyfordbutchers.co.uk is owned and operated by Colyford Butchers Limited.
Our data protection officer is Tony Manville, Director, who can be contacted at email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in How do we use your data?. For example, when signing up for an Account. Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- date of birth;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers, as well as addresses for delivery and payment;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How do we use your data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see How and where do we store your data?, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This may include:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the newsletter);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How and where do we store your data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct a review in accordance with our Data Retention Policy to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do we share your data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
How can you control your data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails, or by contacting Tony Manville, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to withhold information and your right to withdraw information after you have given it
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in Contacting Us, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
How can you access your data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below.
What cookies do we use and what for?
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for analysing website traffic. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
- Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Purpose|
|wordpress_||WordPress||WordPress cookie for a logged in user|
|wordpress_logged_in_||WordPress||WordPress cookie for a logged in user|
|wordpress_test_||WordPress||WordPress cookie for a logged in user|
|wordpress_test_cookie||WordPress||WordPress test cookie|
|wp-settings-||WordPress||Used to store user preferences|
|wp-settings-time-||WordPress||Used to store user time preferences|
|wp-saving-post||WordPress||Used to autosave any posts.|
|wordpress_sec_||WordPress||Used to provide protection against hackers, store account details.|
|wp_woocommerce_session||WooCommerce||Stores performed actions on the website for WooCommerce.|
|tk_tc||JetPack||Used to store the user’s usage history|
|tk_r3d||Jetpack||Used to analyse referrer behaviour for WooCommerce|
|tk_qs||Jetpack||Gathers internal metrics of user activity to improve user experience|
|tk_or||Jetpack||Gathers internal metrics of user activity to improve user experience|
|tk_lr||Jetpack||Gathers internal metrics of user activity to improve user experience|
|mailchimp_landing_site||MailChimp||to store which page was visited first|
|mailchimp.cart.previous_email||MailChimp||Stores information for marketing purposes|
|mailchimp.cart.current_email||MailChimp||Stores information for marketing purposes|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Cookie Notice||Stores confirmation of cookie notice acceptance|
|_fbp||Stores and track visits across websites|
|_fbc||Stores last visit|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- You can opt out by clicking the link below.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|PHPSESSID||Google Analytics||To identify your unique session on the website.|
|SESS||Google Analytics||To ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within the site and that any information you have entered is remembered|
|__utma||Google Analytics||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Visits to purchase.|
|__utmb||Google Analytics||__utmb is a Google Analytics cookie. It takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site.|
|__utmc||Google Analytics||__utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site.|
|__utmz||Google Analytics||Keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion or an Ecommerce Transaction.|
|_ga_||Google Analytics||Stores anonymised statistics|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- If you wish to revoke your acceptance of cookies on this website you can use the below button.
Summary of your rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling;