“Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is in flower”
– Albert Camus
As the nights draw in, and those crisp, Autumnal mornings start to bite, you know that we’re starting to leave Summer well and truly behind. But whether you love the colourful leaves and cosy jumpers it brings, or find yourself pining for the warmer weather, there’s one thing that we can all agree on, Autumn is one the best times of year for British food. No wonder this is when we celebrate the Harvest Festival.
Soups, stews, pies and risottos, and hearty Sunday roasts after a brisk walk in the country, there’s so much to enjoy at this time of year. It’s hardly surprising that we start to crave warming, belly-filling classics.
Reflecting the gorgeous, autumnal colours, you have carrots, pumpkins and squash, beetroot, plums and blackberries, cabbage, kale and apples. And obviously fantastic meats. Autumn is when pretty much everything comes into it’s own, as well as being the start of the main game season.
So why not take inspiration from the Seasonal foods table below, or hunker down and try one of our tried and tested recipe suggestions?
- Korean Inspired Chicken BurgersThere are so many reasons to love a good burger, especially when it’s one you’ve made yourself and you can be confident of the quality of ingredients. No matter […]
- Coconut Curry with Lime and Sesame BreadcrumbsA British classic, spiced up with the amazing flavours of South East Asian cuisine. Our meaty local pork chops make for a great meal anyway you cook them, but […]
- Sesame Seed Pork Cutlets with Tonkatsu Style SauceThis dish is a Japanese classic, and it’s easy to see why. A beautifully crisp breaded pork cutlet, married with a zingy sauce, it’s indulgent and comforting, spicy and […]
- Chashu Pork RamenJapenese noodle soup, otherwise known as Ramen, has grown in popularity in the UK over recent years, with any number of bars opening up across the country. It’s easy […]
- BBQ Pit BeansWho doesn’t loved a good baked bean? And whilst here in the UK we might have a soft spot for a certain tinned variety, there’s nothing so wonderful as […]
|Potato (main crop)|