This is such a good family meal. Full of flavour and packed with goodness, it’s something the whole family will enjoy yet can be cooked up in next to no time. The chorizo adds a subtle kick that helps to bring out the best in everything else, bringing all those robust flavours together.
Serve with generous helpings of garlic bread and plenty of freshly grated parmesan cheese if you’re feeling indulgent.
Beef, Bean and Chorizo Pasta
- High Sided Saute Pan
- large saucepan with lid
- 300 g Penne Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 g Chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 large Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 500 g Rump Steak thinly sliced
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 tin Chickpeas 400g drained
- 100 g Frozen Peas
- Fill your largest saucepan with water, use the lid and bring it to a rolling boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. When ready, drain and toss in a little olive oil.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat, and cook the chorizo until it browns and starts to release it's red oils. Add the onion and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Turn up the heat and add the steak slices. Keep turning everything, and cook for a couple of minutes until the steak has started to colour.
- Add the tomatoes, the chickpeas, the peas and pasta, and cook through until the tomatoes have started to break down and everything is piping hot, so about 3-4 minutes. Season to taste, and serve immediately.