A super quick, super easy recipe for an Asian curry with beef and pumpkin, that’s as fragrant as it is tasty. What better way to mark Halloween!
Beef and Pumpkin Thai Curry
Slices of chuck steak and chunks of pumpkin in rich and mild asian style curry
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50 g Thai red curry paste
- 350 ml Coconut milk
- 500 g Chuck steak thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce try worcestershire sauce if you don't have
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small pumpkin peeled, seeded and chopped into 2cm squares. Can also use butternut squash
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, paste and 4 tbsps of the coconut milk. Stir fry over a medium heat until it releases it's fragrance.
- Add the beef, toss to coat and cook for a minute. Add in the remaining ingredients, bar the pumpkin, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the pumpkin and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with plain boiled rice.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter