Carolina Mustard sauce is another popular condiment, easy to make, tangy and sweet. Traditionally served with BBQ pork, we think it’s just as good with chicken, burgers, ribs… anything really!
Carolina Style Mustard Sauce
Another classic BBQ sauce, this is great with all things pork, as well as smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.
- Large saucepan
- 250 g American Mustard
- 150 g Golden Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200 ml Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary or try dill
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- Seasoning to taste
- Except for the butter, soy and hot sauce, put everything into the pan and bring to a low boil over a low heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the butter and sauces, stir through, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Check the seasoning and add to taste,
- Allow to cool, then store in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavours to develop. Will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge, alternatively, bottle or jar in sterilized containers and it should last for two weeks.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter