Is this an authentic recipe? Probably not, there are hundreds of variations as this is one of those recipes that everyone tweaks to their own personal taste. It’s so easy to do, that I’m sure you’ll soon have your own version as well.
A classic South American sauce, packed full of fresh and zingy flavours, and a great accompaniment to steaks and bbqs
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 20 g fresh coriander, washed
- 20 g fresh parsley, washed finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 shallot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- Ideally you should hand prepare and chop all of the ingredients, as this will result in the ideal consistency for the sauce.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
If you’re really pressed for time or can’t be bothered to hand chop, place everything in a food processor and quickly blitz. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes if you do this though, otherwise it will be too thick.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter