A classic side dish that’s also incredibly versatile. Great with a Sunday Roast, but just as good with a juicy steak and some triple cooked chips. Or what about that summer BBQ, served cold with creamy potato salad?
Lemon and Parsley Green Beans
Simple but bursting with spring flavours
- Large saucepan
- large frying pan
- 650 g fine green beans
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add a little salt, and then cook the beans for 3-5 minutes, until bright green and tender
- Plunge into cold water, then drain.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat, then add in the butter and garlic. Cook until just starting to colour.
- Stir in the beans, and cook until just starting to wilt, no more than 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest to the pan, turn up the heat and add in the juice. Allow to bubble, then transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter